In Other Words has taken the next step in making literature accessible though the creation of a free lending library. Our library is a free resource that enables everyone to find radical books and zines and enables us to further our mission of supporting education. In times of economic hardship, libraries are crucial institutions to ensuring access to literature, and a library that is specialized is even more of an asset because it ensures that those materials include work from and for underrepresented and marginalized groups. You can see what books have in our collection online on our Library Thing page, or come in anytime we are open to browse our shelves and check out books.
- Become a member of In Other Words!
- Buy a new book from IOW that you want to go directly into our library.
- Buy or donate a specific book in honor of someone for their birthday, graduation, or as a thank you to someone special in your life.
- Organize a book drive with your friends and family to collect books for the library.
- Volunteer to help us build and organize the library!