We love to work with social justice groups doing radical grassroots community organizing for the liberation of us all. Here are a few groups we work with a lot. Check them out!
- Trans Open Mic – the city of Portland’s first open mic event centering the talent and brilliance of trans folks.
- Black Lives Matter PDX – Portland’s chapter of the Black Lives Matter Network: a collective of Black resistances fighters organizing against capitalism and colonialism for the ultimate liberation of all Black people and humanity.
- Portland Books to Prisoners – a non-profit, volunteer run, donation based organization that provides free reading materials to incarcerated individuals.
- Dirty Queer – an X rated, sex-positive open mic intended to be a place to celebrate sexuality and creativity.
- Marilyn Buck Abolitionist Collective – a group of anti-racist and anti-capitalist white working class revolutionaries, organizing in solidarity with colonized peoples in Portland and worldwide.
- All African People’s Revolutionary Party – Oregon’s chapter of this internationally connected organization working to liberate the African continent from colonialism and imperialism and unite it under scientific socialism.
- PFLAG Portland Black Chapter – An organization that promotes the health and well-being of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons, their families and friends through: support, to cope with an adverse society; education, to enlighten an ill-informed public; and advocacy, to end discrimination and secure equal civil rights. PFLAG provides an opportunity for dialogue about sexual orientation and gender identity, and acts to create a society that is healthy and respectful of human diversity.