In Other Words Feminist Community Center is entirely visioned, owned, and operated by 100% volunteer power! Do you (or someone you know) have a few extra hours per week and awesome leadership skills? We wanna hear from you!
The Event Coordinator is responsible for responding to event booking requests, and for the recruitment, training, and providing ongoing support to volunteers who staff the events at In Other Words Feminist Community Center.
Role & Responsibilities
- Develop and/or maintain systems for recruiting volunteers, and run/facilitate a regular New Volunteer Orientation session
- Develop systems for training volunteers directly, and for training volunteers to train each other on staffing events.
- Track volunteer reports related to event functioning, and assist with troubleshooting problems as they arise.
- Keep Board of Directors informed of issues, challenges, successes, and opportunities for improvement for events
- Ensure that volunteers are receiving the support they need to do their work.
- Complete tasks in a timely manner, setting tone for other volunteers
- Read & respond to your email in a timely manner (within one week from date sent)
- Advocate for IOW in the community
- Other tasks as needed
Ideal Skills / Background
- Process-oriented with attention to detail
- Able to coordinate & facilitate effective meetings
- Knowledge & understanding of volunteer management best practices
- Able to work independently & on a team
- Willing & able to receive feedback, learn from it & respond appropriately
- Has good written & verbal communication skills
- Can manage difficult conversations & critique in a constructive manner
- Understands social justice and how it connects to Feminism
- 20-35 hours per month (this may fluctuate throughout the year depending on capacity and situation of the organization)
INTERESTED?! Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a CC to email@example.com