Join In Other Words Feminist Community Center and a coalition of social justice groups in Portland on Tuesday November 15th for a national day of action in solidarity with #NoDAPL. We will gather and rally in solidarity with the Water Protectors at Standing Rock as we demand that the Portland district Army Corps of Engineers office act within their power to rise with the Native people of this land, honor the treaties, and acknowledge that Water is Life.
Where: Portland District, US Army Corps of Engineers Office – 333 SW 1st Ave. Portland, OR 97204
When: Tuesday, November 15th from 4pm to 6pm
Facebook Event Link
Every Native person on this continent has survived the violence of settler-colonialism and the genocide of 100 million of their people. Every Native child born is a victory against colonialism. Every Native person is born into a fight for their very existence. This gathering will *honor* that sacred struggle by centering Indigenous resistance and following the lead of Native organizers.
- A full environmental review of the Dakota Access Pipeline
- Pressure the Washington DC Army Corps of Engineers office to deny the remaining DAPL permits
- Sign a statement of solidarity with the Sioux Nation and the Water Protectors at Standing Rock
The rally will feature a water ceremony to highlight the connection we all share to the sacred water, Native leaders speaking on their experiences at Standing Rock and Native resistance, and solidarity statements from the Portland Committee for Human Rights in the Philippines, Students United for Palestinian Equal Rights, Gabriela Portland, and the All African People’s Revolutionary Party connecting the struggles of colonized peoples all over the world to the ongoing violence of settler-colonialism in the United States.
- This will be a peaceful and prayerful event that will center the voices, struggles, experiences, and needs of Indigenous peoples.
- This is a SOBER and family friendly gathering. Please do not show up while intoxicated or bring drugs or alcohol of any kind into this space.
- This is a non-violent action. No violent actions of any kind will be tolerated.
This event is organized and sponsored by Idle No More Washington, 350 PDX, Greenpeace PNW, All African People’s Revolutionary Party – Oregon, PortlandCHRP – Portland Committee for Human Rights in the Philippines, Showing Up for Racial Justice (SURJ), In Other Words Feminist Community Center, African + Indigenous Solidarity PDX, Marilyn Buck Abolitionist Collective and more.