We provide our communities with resources, books, events, and grow even more, but to do this we need your monthly support to keep us going! Please consider signing up to be a monthly sustainer and make sure that In Other Words stays around for the long-run.
Like every nonprofit, a majority of our funds go towards general operating costs of rent, utilities, salaries, and inventory. However, much of our operating costs specifically fund the ongoing cultivation and maintenance of our lending library, zine library collection, and our artist craft consignment program. As a primarily volunteer-run community center, In Other Words also proudly diverts funding to our Volunteer Leadership Development Program that cultivates a peer-to-peer mentorship model where volunteers develop and broaden their expertise and knowledge base. Volunteers who may not have had the opportunity to lead or develop programs before are now entirely managing important aspects of In Other Words such as our monthly art show curation, our artist craft consignment program, our lending library, and managing our community programming events that take place on a daily basis at In Other Words. Please give generously to fund one your favorite volunteer-run feminist community center.
To make changes or update your account, please contact email@example.com.
10 ways to support In Other Words
- Donate or become an IOW member and help us continue to build the feminest and join your community in sustaining our community center while promoting gender equality, education, and activism!
- Spread the word about the work we do and help us promote our events.
- Donate something from our wish list.
- Special order almost any book through us.
- Become a volunteer!
- Have a useful skill we may be in need of? Join our resource council and make your knowledge available to us! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Donate items from your business to be used in a fundraising raffle or auction.
- Attend one of our many events.
- Donate books and zines for use in our Library & Resource Center.
- Throw a house party and donate the door money to IOW.
Supporters have donated to In Other Words in honor of:
HOPE FOR THE FUTURE
IOW Volunteers, because they rock
Beautiful Families event during Pride, so many cute gaybies
Alicia Breslin Dunn
Kim Meinert *
feminism & stuff
Stephanie “rock star” Summers
Mary “the cane” Walsh
Julie Park Williams
Marilyn Von Seggern
Optic Nerve Arts
sts doolittle, the raddest co-worker ever!
In Memory of Jane Emery
All of the fabulous guests at our wedding!
Julie & Chris Park-Williams Wedding
In Other Words’ 17th Birthday!
All the crazy women that make the world go round!
Goddess Johanna Brenner
My Amazing Daughter Marie
Susan + Judy Popkin
Heroic Womyn of Color
Anne Marie Hiestand
Cherokee Rose guests during 2012
A community center that supports, loves, shares, and cares for the Feminine voice
Finally finding my feminist community
All those in need
embracing a diversity of feminist perspectives!
IOW Board of Directors
Old Lesbians Organizing for Change
all my Black Feminists, hollah gurl!
Elizabeth Brenner & Joy Seitchik
my inner goddess
Katie, the midwest’s contribution to modern feminism
Iris Marion Young
Katie & Amber…keep up the good work!
My Bobba, Mother, & Aunt who passed away
Margaret W. Miller
Lauren McCartney on her Birthday!
Amazing feminist work!
Charlotte Nolz & Mary McCartney
In Other Words Feminist Community Center
Our mission is to inspire and cultivate feminist communities, nurturing social justice.
As a non-profit, In Other Words depends on the community it serves. Here are some creative ideas on how to lend a hand!