In Other Words has taken the next step in making literature accessible though the creation of a free lending library. Our library is a free resource that enables everyone to find radical books and zines and enables us to further our mission of supporting education. In times of economic hardship, libraries are crucial institutions to ensuring access to literature, and a library that is specialized is even more of an asset because it ensures that those materials include work from and for underrepresented and marginalized groups. You can see what books have in our collection online on our Library Thing page, or come in anytime we are open to browse our shelves and check out books.
Check out our list of many of the great PDX Community Libraries! If you know of a community library not on our list send an email about them to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can add them to our list.
- Become a member of In Other Words!
- Donate your used books to our library.
- Buy a new book from IOW that you want to go directly into our library.
- Buy or donate a specific book in honor of someone for their birthday, graduation, or as a thank you to someone special in your life.
- Buy a book from our wish list to go into the library.
- Organize a book drive with your friends and family to collect books for the library.
- Volunteer to help us build and organize the library!
In Other Words Feminist Community Center
Our mission is to inspire and cultivate feminist communities, nurturing social justice.
As a non-profit, In Other Words depends on the community it serves. Here are some creative ideas on how to lend a hand!